Barclays Vs. Anxiety

Last Thursday I attended a legal afternoon tea in Canary Wharf, London. 

A few months back, I attended a legal networking dinner as part of my University. One of the attendees was from Aspiring Solicitors, whom ultimately provided this opportunity to go to Canary Wharf and I luckily got chosen! One of my goals to rid myself of my anxiety is to keep pushing myself outside of comfort zone, and as a result I went to Barclays in Canary Wharf. 

As many of you know, I love London - It's my favourite place, and so to get a chance to go and take part in something to do with hopefully my future Law career, was amazing. I really enjoyed the experience and can't quite believe that I was there, when I think about the mental health journey I have been on. 

We were all treated with such respect, everyone was so professional, the buildings were massive and the view from the 30th floor was amazing. I had never been to a building like that before, with scanners, huge lifts, and so much glass. It's a world away from anything I have experienced before.

I am so glad I went, as it's one more step in my recovery journey. Overall my anxiety wasn't too bad - I was more excited than nervous. 

I have included some pictures below.

Amy Xx