Amy's update

Hello guys,

I thought I would take this opportunity to update you as to what is going on in my life. 

I'm currently in the middle of my summer exams for my second year of studying law at university and I can't believe I've pretty much finished second year. If all goes according to plan, I will be graduating next year! It's really weird because it doesn't seem that long ago that I was in sixth form.

I'm also currently searching for summer paid jobs for when I come home from university. This will be the first time I have had a paid job and it's my top trigger for my anxiety. I have done my fair amount of voluntary work to build up to this and now I feel that it's my time to tackle this trigger. Hopefully all goes according to plan.

I will also be driving alone for the first time this Summer. As many of you know, I have now passed my driving test and I now have the chance to take this to the road, so to speak! This is another anxiety provoking thing for me, but yet again I feel it's time to battle this.

I'm also going travelling a fair bit this summer, which is super exciting. Travelling is one of my favourite things to do and I find it way more important to spend money on experiences than material things. It will be my first holiday abroad with my boyfriend and then, my friends. I know I managed to get back from Germany by myself last year, so I'm looking forward to seeing what these holidays can bring. 

I'm also now the president of my university's mental health society. I'm hoping that I can really make a change to those who are suffering in silence. It's going to be a lot of hard work, but it's something I'm really passionate about.

All of this takes time, and I didn't think I would ever get to stage where I would feel that I could tackle these things. Don't get me wrong, I certainly feel out of my comfort zone when approaching these things, but I feel capable of overcoming them. You too will get there.

Amy Xx